Cook Book Review: The Food Lab, Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt
This New York Times Best Seller is a great account by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt that describes the science of culinary arts. With over a thousand stunning images, The Food Lab teaches you how to create top-chef quality meals at home with unconventional techniques.
The Food Lab lives up to its title by outlining the scientific interactions that happens while you’re cooking any meal – energy, heat, molecules, moisture and more. All of these factors add up to the quality of your final dish.
With cooking tips on how to develop surefire methods for creating your favorite meals, The Food Lab is a great resource for anyone who loves to cook.
[contact-form-7 id=”705″ title=”Newsletter sidebar”]
- Do the rewards of being a chef outweigh the hardships?
- Who is the best cook or chef in the world?
- What should I do to stop my family from causing cross-contamination while cooking?
- What is the best way to learn the chemistry behind cooking?
- What is the best way to blanch vegetables and greens? How much nutrition is retained after this process?