Cook Book Review: Alinea by Grant Achatz
Alinea by Grant Achatz, a revolutionary figure in American culinary arts, is a fantastic collection of 600 complete recipes with 600 corresponding photographs. Grant Achatz has a unique approach to cooking, combining flavor with fundamentals to produce an immaculate finished product unlike anything a guest has ever tasted before.
Besides the amazing recipes and photographs in Alinea, this book also includes three features that explain Alinea on a deeper level. Mark Ruhlman discusses the distinct part Alinea plays in the restaurant scene on a worldwide level. Mark McClusky describes the integration of technology in Alinea’s kitchen, and Jeffrey Steingarten provides a wonderful account of his own experience dining at this celebrated restaurant.
Alinea is the perfect coffee table cook book with its amazing photography that showcases every dish to perfection.
Try out the recipes – your cooking may reach another level in terms of quality, flavor, artistry and passion.
[contact-form-7 id=”705″ title=”Newsletter sidebar”]
- Do the rewards of being a chef outweigh the hardships?
- Who is the best cook or chef in the world?
- What should I do to stop my family from causing cross-contamination while cooking?
- What is the best way to learn the chemistry behind cooking?
- What is the best way to blanch vegetables and greens? How much nutrition is retained after this process?